Title: United States-Vietnam relations, 1945-1967
Author: U. S. Department of Defense
U.S. Department of Defense (1971). United States-Vietnam Relations, 1945-1967. Washington, U.S. Govt. Print. Off.,
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975.
- United States–Foreign relations–Vietnam.
- Vietnam–Foreign relations–United States.
- Vietnam–Politics and government–1945-1975.
- At head of title: Committee print.
- “Printed for the use of the House Committee on Armed Services.”
- “The 12-volume text here contains the first 43 volumes of the original 47-volume study.”
- Commonly known as the Pentagon papers.
Government doc no.
- Y 4.Ar5/2:V67/3/945
Date Posted: January 6, 2016
Reviewed by Paul W. Blackstock and Frank L. Schaf
The official government release of the Pentagon Papers, many of which were withheld from publication for security reasons. They are an invaluable source of documentary materials concerning the use and misuse of intelligence. Reproduced for the first time ere the text of a Special National Intelligence Estimate, SN IE 53-2-61, ,dated 5 October 1961, “Bloc Support of the Communist Effort Against the Government of Vietnam” (Bloc 11, pp. 292-94), and a digest of National Intelligence Estimate no, 53-63, dated 17 April 1963, “Prospects in South Vietnam” (Bloc 12, pp. 522-24).
 Blackstock, Paul W. (1978) and Frank L. Schaf, Jr. Intelligence, Espionage, Counterespionage, And Covert Operations: A Guide to Information Sources. Detroit: Gale Research Co., p. 57